VSSi Career Opportunities
Audio Visual Technician
– Wire pulling in new and existing construction.
– Wire terminations knowledge and soldering skills are required.
– Knowledge and understanding of signal flow and cable types.
– Experience mounting flat panel displays as well as projectors and motorized screens.
-Must be able to pre-wire within established guidelines, follow quality control standards and written specifications.
– Must be willing to work within deadlines and work well with other trades and peers.
– Proficient use of trade tools and ability to follow safety standards while working on construction sites.
– Must be able to train customers on the use of systems that are installed.
To qualify for this position you must be professional, personable, responsible, reliable, and be able to work well with clients and in a team-oriented environment.
– Must have strong communication and customer service skills.
– Must possess a clean professional appearance and positive attitude.
– Must demonstrate detail-oriented with strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
– Must be able to accurately read diagrams.
– Must have all tools needed for installations and service.
– Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel with a clean driving record.
– Able to perform installation tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner.
– Must be able to safely lift up to 75 pounds, work in confined spaces in varied weather conditions.
– Must have 2 years of direct experience with AV systems and equipment.
– CTS certification preferred but not required.
– High School diploma or equivalent required.
– Computer proficiency required.
– Good mechanical/fabrication skills are helpful
– Direct supervisory experience
– Experience or interest in video conferencing
– Familiarity with Crestron, AMX and/or Extron
– Construction industry knowledge
Outside audio visual sales manager
Our ideal candidate should have strong people skills, an assertive approach to sales, a motivated and self-driven attitude, and have minimal need for direction in daily tasks. We would like you to have sales and/or business development experience, but most importantly we want you to have the passion for relationship building.
-1 to 2 years customer service experience, within audio visual or related service industry, is preferred.
-Knowledge of current technology and trends in the audio visual field;
– Successful sales experience: demonstration of sales skills and generation of high levels of revenue;
– Must have the self-motivated, accountable, and sales-orientated mentality.
– Must have excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
– Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
– Must have ongoing personality and the ability interact positively with people and provide excellent customer service and follow-up abilities.
-Experience in creating proposals and quotes for clients;
– Must have professional appearance and demeanor.
– Superior time-management and organization skills
– A positive approach to big challenges.
Duties May Include:
– Conduct market research and analysis to identify potential new clientele. The responsibility is to acquire, secure and maintain Commercial audio visual contracts in Virginia, Maryland, and DC;
– Develop quarterly sales plan to expand existing client base and generate new business opportunities.
– Perform all aspects of sales and marketing for the company, to include networking, sales, advertising, public relations;
– Assess, clarify, and validate clients’ needs.
– Cultivate and managing customer relationships.
– Make cold calls to prospective customers. Seek out new audio visual opportunities by outside sales, direct leads, Internet resources and websites;
– Coordinate meetings and involve company personnel in order to meet client expectations.
– Create quotes and proposals for prospective clients;
– Other duties can be assigned when hired.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for acting as a technical sales engineer and negotiate the terms and conditions for the sale, installation, and/or integration of audio visual and related control equipment.
To Be Successful Sales Engineer, You Must Be Able to Do the Following:
-Possess strong communication skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
-Be successful in building relationships with clients and possess a strong customer service attitude. Feel interest, confidence, and creditability in the solutions being presented.
-Lead and assist the sales and project team with the design and development of high-end audio visual collaboration solutions unitizing the latest control system, video conferencing, unified communications, and video streaming solutions.
-Design and develop control system designs utilizing Crestron, AMX, Extron and other.
-Respond to RFP’s and develop written quotations, system designs, and schematics.
-Working knowledge and design experience with Unified Communications systems as well as video streaming and video conferencing solutions are required.
-Experience with technology sales and installation procedures to colleges, universities, corporate, state and federal government customers, along with knowledge of construction management and solid leadership abilities are required.
-Knowledge of current technology and trends in the audio visual field.
-Ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers.
-Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
-Membership or certification in InfoComm or any other pertinent audio visual industry programs is preferred.
- Sales: 2 years
- Sales Engineer: 1 year
Business development Executive
We are looking for a high-energy, self-starter with a positive can-do attitude.
As a business developer you will:
– Support sales in Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania areas;
– Presenting VSSi to potential clients;
– Warm and cold sales lead development via outbound telephone calls and e-mails;
– Proactively schedule appointments;
– Develop relationships with prospective clients while maintaining existing client relationships;
– Understand customers needs and requirements.
– Bachelor’s degree required. Business major preferred;
– 1-3 years of sales experience;
– B2B outbound cold calling sales techniques;
– Ability to set appointments and follow-ups;
– Desire to grow and develop as a sales professional;
– Must be sales-driven and possess a strong work ethic.
– Outstanding written and communications skills, effective time management and problem solving skills;
– Comfort with developing new connections with people inside and outside of an organization;
– Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision;
– Possession of developed analytical skills and attention to details;
– Demonstrated ability to extend customer relationships beyond initial project.